Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So Happy To See All My Smiling Faces

Dearest Parents & Students,

I would like to welcome all of you back to school and the wonderful second grade.  I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to be your children’s teacher again. I hope all of you had an amazing, relaxing summer.

As you may already know, my classroom philosophy centers on building a respectful community of lifelong learners.  Children learn best in welcoming, safe environments where they care treated as important individuals and feel comfortable taking chances, and making mistakes. This is the kind of environment that we will continue to build upon.

Just a quick reminder about some classroom policies:
  • Homework will be assigned Monday-Thursday
  • At the beginning of the week your child will bring home a homework log with the week  assignments typed in for each week
  • Spelling homework will be completed in a designated notebook
  • Reading Logs: this year your children will fill in their own reading logs


A friendly reminder that homework is designed so that students may practice skills learned within the classroom and should be completed each day.  If you should have any issues in regard to the homework please contact me.

Please don’t forget to be on the lookout for our class blog. I will be posting tons of pictures, as well as important information in regard to our class and school functions.
Some examples:
  • Birthdays
  • Trips
  • Holidays
  • Curriculum Updates
  • Newsletters


We are more than happy to celebrate birthdays in the class. As always parents and family members are more than welcome to join in the festivities. If you wish to join us please let either me, or my assistant Estee know so that we can set aside time. If you wish to give our goody bags please no food, or inappropriate toys. (Example: action figures)

If you wish to donate a gift to the classroom please refer to the class wish list which has been updated on the Mazel website.

Once again welcome to second grade. I am looking forward to another great year together…If you need to get in touch with me please feel free to e-mail me anytime at: morahgaby@mazeldayschool.com

                                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                                Morah Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment